Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A plan...

First off, I must say thank you to all of you stopping in to say hi and offer hugs and prayers. I appreciate it all much.

I don't do well without a plan or a calendar. This past week has pushed that to the limit. We have all been struggling to answer the question, "What should we do?". This morning we came up with a plan. My aunt is going back to Duluth in the morning. I'm staying through the week. If mom hasn't passed away by Saturday I will head back to Minnesota to get things organized, work a few days, stay sane. My dad and sister will cover the weekend. I'll come back immediately for a funeral.

We can't trust to leave mom alone at the nursing home. She can't talk anymore and not all the nurses seem to understand the concept of scheduled pain medicine. We switched her medicine to every 2 hours b/c she was getting very agitated. She was doing much better until for the second morning in a row I had to yell at the new nurse at 7 because she wouldn't give mom her medicine. She said it was "prn"...how can a woman in a near coma ASK for pain medicine? Duh! I made an immediate demand to speak to the director of nursing and got that fixed! Stupid lady. She has two good nurses for the evening and night shift but this morning gal is going to drive me to drink!

Anyway, thank you all. Keep the prayers coming, I'm hanging in there but I'm sure it's because you guys are holding me up. Thank you!

No comments: