Thursday, December 27, 2007

2007 Books in Review

I'm not nearly as organized as Kelly but I thought I would make a list of the books I read this year and see how many there were. I went through some serious reading sprees this past year and at other times struggled to get through something simple. Since I rarely check a book out at the library I think I can get this list together by looking at my shelves...we'll see.

1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
2. Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris
3. Double Bind by Christopher Bohjalian
4. Big Stone Gap by Andriana Trigiani
5. If You Lived Here I Would Know Your Name: News from Small-town Alaska by Heather Lende
6. Infidel by Ayn Hirsi Ali
7. Measure of a Man by Sidney Portier
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by JK Rowling
9. Double Cross by James Patterson
10. Cross by James Patterson
11. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
12. Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
13. Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
14. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
15. Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs
16. The Last Juror by John Grisham
17. Flesh and Bone by Jefferson Bass
18. Carved in Bone by Jefferson Bass
19. Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell
20. Lost and Found by Jacqueline Sheehan
21. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
22. The Children's Blizzard by David Laskin
23. Chocolate Legs: Sweet Mother, Savage Killer by Roland Cheek
24. English Creek by Ivan Doig
25. 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper with Cecil Murphey
26. Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Weiss
27. Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin, Nicola Kraus
28. The Memories We Keep by Walter Zacharius
29. The Patron Saint of Lairs by Ann Patchett
30. Sea Glass by Anita Shreve
31. The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
32. Agate: What Good is a Moose? by Joy Morgan Dey
33. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
34. The Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
35. The Innocent by Harlan Coben
36. The Woods by Harlan Coben
37. Counting Coup by Larry Colton
38. Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern
39. Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs
40. Open House by Elizabeth Berg
41. Dali Lama: My Son by Diki Tsering
42. Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
43. Memoirs of a Geisa by Arthur Golden
44. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
45. The Cat Who Dropped a Bombshell by Lilian Jackson Braun
46. Street Dreams by Faye Kellerman
47. Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley
48. A Seeker's Guide to Mary by Maria Ruiz Scarperlanda
49. Eldest by Christopher Paolini
50. The Innocent Man by John Grisham
51. A Time to Heal: Mediations for Healing After the Death of a Loved One by Carol Staudacher
52. Devil in the White City by Erik Larson


Well, I accomplished a book a week in spurts and there are a few days left this year with lots of reading time available. By far my favorite was Double Bind by Christopher Bohjalian. It was a good story, I had it all figured out, was ready to be done with and the last 20 pages blindsided me but good! The ending left me with a numb, what just happened awe. I loved it.

This year I hope to keep a better track of everything I've read so this list isn't so hard to compose...think I need to change what's on my nightstand list to what WAS on my nightstand. The fun part of making this list tonight though was remembering where I was or what I was doing when I was reading a lot of these books. The other fun was getting to number 31 just by memory before I had to go look at my shelves.

To all you readers...happy page turning in the year to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome jewelry - I saw similar stuff being sold on HTML link