Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ever wonder??

The question: How efficiently (or inefficiently) would your household function without batteries?

David has once again posed another thought provoking question for your Sunday musings. So far I have been very successful at staying home all weekend, tending to my house, and taking time to just be at home. So why not continue while I sip my morning cup of brew.

I think my house would function fairly normally without batteries. The clocks on the wall would of course stop keeping time but the Moxi box, microwave, VCR, and two clock radios would continue to tick along as would the time on my computer. I keep a flashlight next to the bed so I guess if an intruder came in I could still clock him over the head with it, even if I couldn't turn it on to illuminate his face. My watch would be stilled but most days of the week I forget to put in on anyway.

Everything else I "need" to get by is plugged in. A lack of electricity would be far more of a hassle then a lack of batteries. Granted, if my house were ablaze the fire alarms would remain silent but I think my three, four-legged balls of fur would alert me anyway. Now if I were without electricity AND batteries those two clock radios would be no good without their battery "back-up".

Bottom line, I would survive. I couldn't entertain myself with my battery version of Catch Phrase but I could still watch hours and hours of TV or read a book. Oh...just thought though, I couldn't take pictures. My camera wouldn't work. That would be a bit sad.

How affected would your life be without batteries?

No comments: