Saturday, January 26, 2008

A new challenge...

I thought I would try a few book challenges this year since I read such a variety last year. The numbers challenge involves reading five books with a number in the title between January 1st and June 1st. You can see what everyone else is reading here.

I finished my first one on Thursday night. I watch a lot of crime TV shows and Women's Murder Club is the newest one out there but I haven't gotten too into it yet. Instead, I decided to read the books first, then get caught up on the show.

Tuesday I picked up 1st To Die by James Patterson from a friend at work. I had it completed by Thursday night. (That's what I do when all my crime shows are re-runs because of the damn writer's strike...I read instead) Anyway...I devoured it. I think the reason I liked it so much is because right now I'm in a funk and reading a story with four strong-minded, smart women in it was "motivation". The fact that they were chasing a crazed serial killer made it only better.

1st To Die wasn't the deepest most mind challenging murder novel I've read but it was a good quick read to keep me distracted. I think I'll finish the rest of the series...I think I have 6 more to go to be "current" on it. This first book in a series introduced the four women well and gave me enough background to be interested in knowing more about them.

Guess I need to go to the bookstore.

No comments: