Monday, April 28, 2008

Getting older...

Scott is bragging about his supposed graceful aging...but I'm one of the few that can say I've watched him age. uh-uhm.... :) You all know I love him though.

On the flip side, he's watched me age too. I started bemoaning 30 six months before it actually happened. The actual day was not a pleasant birthday...I was curled up at the foot of my mom's death bed and when the nurses brought in a cake to sing me happy birthday I lost it. It's been 6 months now and I'm coping.

This week I had to take action though. I've been putting it off. I knew it was approaching. I'm not looking forward to the progression.

I had to buy a proton-pump inhibitor. That's fancy "medical speak" for a super strong antacid. Yup, purchased the "family" pack size to get 20 extra tabs out of it. I just can't eat the foods I like to eat anymore symptom free. I will NOT change what I eat because I love good food. I will medicate so I can eat. It's been my motto for years in terms of working out ("I work out therefore I can eat") so it shouldn't be too hard now.

I'm sure Scott will be laughing at me all weekend. But I can still get up the stairs faster than he can :)

No comments: