Sunday, May 04, 2008

He came, we ate, he left...

Scott made it safely to Minneapolis in spite of the torrential rains we had; granted, he was 2.5 hours late but that was b/c of delays in Denver. I know he'll be posting too so we'll have to see how much overlap we have but this is what I have for pictures. It's Sunday night, I'm home doing laundry, my feet are up, and all I can think of is that we ATE our way through this weekend!
Of late, a trip with Scott seems to HAVE to include a meeting with some blogger. He was disappointed b/c he didn't think it would happen on this trip. Remember, I've known him since before his blogger fame...LONG BEFORE! But, I had a little surprise up my sleeve. Sandi had an art show opening on Friday night so before we had dinner we stopped off to say hi. Taking photos in an art gallery with all the funky lighting is a bit tricky but this one mostly turned out.

For Friday night dinner we headed to Axel's Bonfire on Grand, timed so our food would arrive about the time the weekly dueling pianos started. Pear Martini's, Drunk and Dirty Steak, a Three Sausage wood-fired pizza, a chocolate, white, raspberry layered cake with enormous amounts of caramel dumped on top all with a serenade of pianos...ahhh, perfection!

We stayed up late, we both snore (loudly) but the old guy was asleep before me! Slept in on Saturday (the old guy was up before me though). We headed to the Theater District around 11 and bellied up to the bar at The Rockbottom Brewery until show time. A LOT of beer was consumed as well as BBQ Bourbon Salmon and Shrimp, some really big BBQ burger creation, as well as a Chocolate Stout Creme Brulee and A Stout Sundae.

Jesus Christ Superstar with Ted Neely and Corey Glover brought tears to the eyes of the old man, and me too (really, it was just the smoke effects! Really!). It was a pure and simple as they get on Broadway but the music and the story are always impressive. The fact that Neely has exceeded the life span of Jesus while playing Jesus is amazing and the fact that he can STILL hit the high notes is even more impressive. What a show!

Well, we both needed a nap before an thoughts of going out so back to the hotel for a snooze. Pathetic! But we managed to leave the hotel again for one last great meal. The Edina Grill is a local place I discovered with some friends a few years back. They have moved around the corner but the food is still amazing. Let's see...a 10 oz Hennepin, a bottle of something called Longbottle or something like that, Gorgonzola Cheese and Corn Fritters, the Blue River Burger with Sweet Potato Fries, Peter's Burger with regular fries, homemade butterscotch pudding with a sugar cookie, a "Whiskey Drink", a Stella, and homemade bread pudding with praline sauce.

We also had a wonderful waitress willing to take a final picture of the two of us out on the town!

We stayed up late watching women's poker and bullshitting. I got my back rub. He went to bed before I did again. We were up after sleeping in again this morning and right on time to drop him off at the airport by 11. He's home safe, I'm home safe, laundry's washing and in three days I fly to Montana for a job interview and will stay with Rachel while I'm there.

No comments: