Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On two wheels

Summer is half over and tonight was the first night I got my bike out and went for a ride. Sad, uh? It was cooler than 80 degrees though, there was a little breeze, and I was home before 6:00 pm tonight. After supper I decided to get the bike ready and see if I remembered how to pedal.

Once I got all the spiders off my helmet, got my front wheel put on, enough air into the tires with the hand pump to get to the gas station at the end of the block, and had my iPod shuffle secured, I was off.

Many things along the trail made me smile...butterflies. The smell of the woods. The cocker spaniel in the FRONT basket of some old guys bike as he pedaled along. She was adorable! He...not so much!

For the record, I still remember how :) Bike needs a little tweaking though. Happy trails!

No comments: