Thursday, July 24, 2008

Who? Me? Well, thank you

Kelly gave me a blogger award today,the brillANTE weblog 2008 award. What an honor to receive recognition from someone as cool as Kelly. Now I'm stuck with the task of honoring 7 others....That's hard work. Here's what Kelly had to say when she bestowed the honors to me:
Moose: This is another blog I have been reading for a long time. She is totally awesome. She is also a big reader and we have tossed back and forth book recommendations for quite awhile now. She was really wonderful with offering support and prayers when my brother-in-law was dying last year. Not long after her mother passed away and she was open and honest with the blogging world sharing her grief and healing. She has always been supportive and inspiring. She also is pretty funny! http://moosekahl.blogspot.com/
Quote: "Accent: Midwestern gone very, very wrong...Minnesooooottahhhhh you betcha's all over the place and I now say "fer" instead of "for". Maybe it will go away in Alaska."
Here are the rules:
Here are the rules: Put the logo on your blog. Put a link to who awarded it to you on your blog also. You need to nominate 7 other bloggers for the award and put links to them also on your blog. Finally, leave a comment for those you've nominated - so they know they've received a special award.

Lime: Lime has made me smile, laugh, and cry with her sincere, eyes wide open approach to life. No matter what topic she tackles on her site House of Lime, she does so with energy and honesty. Two things I could always use more of in my life. When things were really bad in the last year, Lime was there to be serious when I needed her to be but she also sent me a few pairs of her custom made tie dye socks to make me smile. It worked.

Quote: "
Over her own high decibel protests I added my own loud declaration of her ridiculous reaction to simple directives, 'No one is being louder than you are....bang bang bang....Do you realize how ridiculous this is.....crash crash crash....this is how you sound all because you hate to be wrong...bang crash bang...See now I can be loud like you!...clang clang clang'"

Rachel: Unbeknownst to use, Rachel and I went to college together. At the same college. On the same campus. At the same time. But we never knew each other. Then we met in the blogger world and became fast friends. While she misses Hawaii she is a Montana girl through and through. Together we revel in the mind clearing benefits of Glacier Park and keep Os from getting too full of himself.

Quote: Progress: "
I've managed contact (the non-painful, biting, clawing kind)."

Robyn: Os introduced me to Robyn when both of us were losing our mothers. Not an easy time to invite someone new into your life. But Os knew both of us independently and felt we might be able to help each other. This young woman is wise beyond her years. The things she has dealt with, is dealing with, and how she goes about it are lessons a lot of us could learn from. Robyn has some pretty cool ink as well, gotta love a girl with ink.

Quote:
"when I was like 5 years old she taught me how to read and write braille. So I wrote her name (Phyllis) out in braille and had it put on top of my right wrist..."

Patia: This blogger I don't know all that well but I was introduced to her site when I was last in Montana by the above mentioned Rachel. Whenever I need a bit of a Montana fix, I head to Patia's pages. Her photography is amazing and her stories of the Montana area she lives in keep me in touch. Today is the ultimate post from her though...she has baby moose video (duh, of course I love that!) but it is also set to music by Alison Kraus. I appreciate the touches of home she brings to me from miles away. Thanks!

Quote:
"The best after-hours food in Missoula. Gyros, jalapeno cheese fries, hot donuts -- it's all crazy good."

The Sistas: This is a collaborative blog managed by my Stampin' Up Sistas in crime. I feel honored to count myself among this group of talented woman. There projects blow mine out of the water but their patients with me as I have taken up the trade has been beyond appreciated. Check out this crafty gals...

Quote: Not a lot of talk on this site but some really awesome pictures.

Doug: This man is a genius. He also appreciates a good cold beer. A GOOD beer, not that watered down domestic stuff. He also is very willing to share his life with his readers. Lightening Strikes Twice is literal for this man and his family. A long battle against cancer took the love of his life from he and his children and now he battles cancer as well. His honesty and straight forward approach to what ails him are noteworthy. Did i mention his supreme appreciation for good beer? That's pretty cool too!

Quote:
"by the sound of the flowage coming in, at lease 100 of the guests had somehow squeezed themselves into the bathrooms and were pissing a volume equivalent to Niagara Falls"

Sandi
: Sandi is far from being Manic as she suggests but she does do one hell of a set of nails but it's her art work on canvas and other mediums that blows me away. She has gone through a lot of changes in the last year, none of which were easy and none of which were entered into without a lot of thought and worry for her own well being and that of those she loves. She is a woman starting out on her own, taking charge of her own happiness and realizing her own possibilities. She gives me courage when I in my young age fear I can't make a difference. Thanks for being there!

Quote:
"IF you are going to act like a car…want the rights of a car…then f-ing obey the traffic rules like a car."

Now pass the love on...Enjoy!

No comments: