Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Violated

While I was away this weekend, someone attempted to break into my home. I had the windows open when I left because it has been nice out and I'm sick of paying for the air conditioning. My realtor was there that afternoon for an open house. The neighbors were home the whole weekend.

Sometime around 1:30-2:00 am on Saturday night individuals cut out my kitchen window screen on the back of the house completely and slashed two other screens on the side of the house. The neighbors also had two windows slashed on their house. We know the approximate time because their dog went biserk about then. No one was able to physically get into either house.

HOWEVER...I have THREE very adventorous felines. I was freaking out when I found out the windows were open with NO screens for a period of time. I was convinced the cats would be gone. My cat sitter had seen two at the time of his voicemail and I called him back and made him go looking for the third. Thankfully, all three are safe and sound and stayed home! I don't know what I would have done without those guys.

Sunday night I slept fine as I was purely exhausted from the wedding weekend trip to South Dakota as well as the stress of finding out someone tried to break into my home. Last night...I didn't sleep so well. I kept hearing "sounds" that would "alert" me and then I would lay there listening before covering my head back up and hoping no one was coming. It's a weird sensation to think someone tried to break into your home. I feel someone what violated and I wasn't even in the house at the time.

And then people why I want to get a gun when I move to Alaska all by myself!

No comments: