Saturday, September 27, 2008

A night out

Last night I was able to spend an evening out in the woods at a little bar called the Badger's Den with my friend Mike and a few of his friends. He is a fellow PA up here in Alaska but his family has been here for 28 years. He hauled out a few of his friends along with his wife and oldest daughter and took me out to dinner. It was nice to have some friends to spend the night with and make a few new ones. His oldest daughter is the same age as I am and her husband was part of the deployment that left Wainwright last Friday. We hung out until nearly midnight drinking and eating, laughing through the whole night.

Today...I was watching the Wisconsin/Michigan football game and halfway through the 3rd when it was 19-0 Wisconsin I fell asleep. Guess I missed one hell of a game, damn Michigan pulled off the win. WoW!

No comments: