Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It never ends...

First off, I want to say that my mother was a miracle worker. I very distinctly remember a traditional Thanksgiving meal made for the masses every May when we branded. I also remember very distinctly my mom being out working the calves with every one else. When the heck did she cook everything? Seriously!?!?!





































Today was another one of "those days". The day ended 2 hours later than I planned at work and with a 1 hour search for my purse. Yeah...my boss and the other ortho doc helped me look for my purse for an hour. I have a very non "girly" purse. I have a little Sherpani purse and I grab it to go to lunch every day other wise it's in my big red brief case. After lunch today I got distracted somewhere between my lunch and my office. When I went to leave I didn't have my purse. Remember, I just went through a whole mess of straightening out a violated checking account. To say I was in a panic would be an understatement. I'm thankful the two docs are both married and have somewhat forgetful wives.

Some how...my purse ended up in the utility chest in my exam room. I have no clue how it got there. When the doc who found it handed it to me I cried. Yes...tears! Usually not kosher in the ortho world. What a relief!

Even though I was delayed I was bound to get what I needed to get done tonight for Thanksgiving dinner done. I THINK the final number to be here tomorrow including me is 22. I think...

There have been a few last minute changes but the more the merrier. I currently have my feet up on the coffee table (i'll wipe it off before we use it to eat off of tomorrow for the little ones) watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving while i have yams in the bottom oven and the apple pie in the top oven. At about 10 pm tonight I made one last run to the grocery store. I swore I had a whole bottle of cinnamon but I guess not. It turned into the best trip to the grocery store ever.

Last night something messed up my garbage. Today when I got home from work I had "big" tracks in the snow in the front yard. Not the kind that float across the top of the snow...the long legged type which sink into the snow. Only one winter creature who makes those up here. I made sure I had an eye looking around as I put the garbage away tonight.

I backed out of the driveway to head out and got to the far end of the "yard" in front of my house. There was a MOOSE in it. A BIG cow moose! I didn't see any calves and she wandered into the neighbors. I sat and watched her from the car for a while before I called Os all freakin' out! A moose! In my yard! After an icky day! I was all smiles as I picked up my yams, cinnamon, and dish soap.

It's about 11:30 and I'm going to wait for the pie to get done and then I'm calling it a night! The turkey has to be in the oven by 9 am. No sleeping in tomorrow. That is what Friday is for (to heck with Black Friday)!

No comments: