Monday, November 24, 2008

Give your THANKS this week!

I despise, even loathe, the whole Christmas before Halloween craze. No wonder we are in an economic crisis...we have moved the biggest spending holiday of the year up to spread over months and months and no one knows how to budget Christmas for months on end!!

Anyway...take a moment, a sec, or a day to give thanks this week! The last two weeks have been really hectic in my life due to the unfortunate act of one person.

In the midst of it all I can find things to be thankful...for the manager on Friday night after hours who listened to me as I cried on the phone about how frustrated I was with his underling.

...to the gal in Prince George at the Visitor's Center who not only found my dad and I a pet and smoker friendly hotel room but called and booked the rooms for us. Free of charge!

...for the clerks at the grocery store who gave me "hints" about places to check out in town.

...for all the friends and family I have spread all over the country. We are together in heart!

...for the new friends and "family" coming to eat at my house on Thursday. It will be a tight fit but we will be warm, full, and together.

So pause, think about what is you can be grateful to or who you need to say thank you to. Just don't frickin' start to celebrate Christmas yet! You can wait 4 more days!

No comments: