Sunday, December 07, 2008

Stamp A Stack...

Typically a Stampin' Up Stamp-A-Stack involves making x number of cards of y number of designs. Usually like a stack of 20. So five each of four designs. Well...this stack took a bit more than that.

I am helping a Family Readiness Group with their Christmas party. Anywhere from 100 to 150 children will be stopping by to make a card to send to their family member in Iraq. Since the ages will range so wide it had to be something straight forward. It is also a non-profit event for me so I can use retired papers. I cut out all sorts of reds, greens, and blues for bases and pulled out packs and packs of 12 x 12 designer series paper to come up with enough to make 175 cards. These are the combos I came up with.

The kids will get to pick a blank card already with a "holiday" theme and then use my stamps, crayons, and markers to stamp a card to send to Iraq. A few of the moms will be helping keep the chaos to a minimum and they will all go home with a card. Now I just have to wait for my I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit to get here so I can stamp my own Christmas cards and get them postmarked at North Pole!

No comments: