Friday, January 30, 2009

It's Official! I'm going to NOME!


I am officially signed up and the plane ticket is booked. I am working my first ever Iditarod Finish Line in Nome, Alaska this March.

If you don't know what the Iditarod is, you need to check it out! I have been a fan of the Iditarod since I can remember even though I did not grow up any where near the sled dog scene. But then I moved to Montana, which is the home to some pretty famous racers (there is one that has won it a few time but he's not the nicest guy on the race scene...wink, wink Heather B. can guess who that is!). The Northern portion of Minnesota is also home to a lot of racing. Now I live in the heart of the racing community.

There is much for me to learn yet. I don't know what my role will be. But I get to stay with my friend Kamey and I get to experience one of Alaska's greatest eventsfup front and in the mix of it all! I can't wait!!!

No comments: