Thursday, January 29, 2009

HNT...Cold snap

This is what happens when your soda falls out of your bag on your way into work and lays on the seat of your car in -35 degree weather. Cool uh?

The nice thing is that as soon as the pressure is released it sprays and insta-freezes so there isn't really a mess to clean up. Just peel the iced Diet Squirt from the leather.
My poor car grumbled at me in the return of the below -35 snap on Wednesday. With the above zero temps I had gotten out of the habit of plugging it in. It really, grumbled to start but it started. I've remembered the last two nights...this is NOT an electric car. The blue cord connects to an engine block heater and the orange cord connects to an outdoor outlet on a timer to warm the engine, tranny, and oil pan for several hours prior to me needing to start the vehicle.
See my properly covered hand. I also had on a hat and my hood up too. I was so happy when President Obama interrupted his economy meeting yesterday to point out that it was ridiculous for all these North East schools to cancel school for a little snow and cold. As Sasha pointed out to her daddy, "Dad, at this temperature we still have recess in Chicago." I'm sick of the national news coverage of the cold. It's cold; there is a way to survive in it. Dress warmly, play it smart, use common sense, and remember some of us are even colder for longer.

Happy HNT! Stay warm everyone!

No comments: