Friday, February 13, 2009

Doesn't this look like fun?

Tomorrow I am working for three hours to help with the 2009 Tesoro Iron Dog snow machine race (for all you on the Outside, Alaskans call snow mobiles, snow machines...I don't get it, haven't figured it out yet, but if you call it a snow mobile up here they look at you funny). Any whoo...I met a gal a couple weeks ago and she knew I was volunteering in Nome for the Iditarod. She had gotten some information about the Iron Dog race and asked if I would want to help. She was going to sign up too so I figured why not.

Participants race in two person teams from Big Lake in southern Alaska, up to Nome (same path as the Iditarod) and then over to Fairbanks. It's nearly 2000 miles on a snow mobile. Most of these guys are young, single, and pretty cute. See any motivation there?



Oh yeah...there is this guy to. Do you recognize him? Take a look at who is on the back of his sled. That would be the lady who thought she could be a "help" to the Republican party as VP candidate. Her husband is "the" man of this race having won it several times. I just checked the standings for tonight. He is number 6 to leave the Tanana check point tomorrow morning. Last year he had to drop out because he crashed and broke his arm. I'll let you know how he does and who knows, Mrs. Todd Palin may be at the finish line to greet her hubby!

No comments: