Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just around the corner...


My friends like Heather, Jami, and Laura know I hate Valentine's Day. I prefer to call it Happy Crappy Day. 5 years ago when I had only been in Rochester for a few months following my divorce due to my husband cheating on me on Valentine's Day while away at a conference, I treated myself to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Rochester alone, wandered the empty halls of Mayo Clinic and was able to take beautiful pictures of the art work throughout the main campus, and ended the afternoon/evening with several hours going through Barnes and Noble reading kids books.

This year, I most likely will be helping with the riders as they come through Fairbanks on the Snowmachine Iron Dog race. Longest snow mobile ride in the world but they call them snow machines up here. You know that governor lady from up here? Her husband is a BIG name snow machine racer. We'll see how he does. They were looking for volunteers and if time allows I said I could help.

In the meantime, since I had several Valentine's Day workshops for my Stampin' Up endeavors I decided to be a bit creative and will actually send out a few cards. Amazing uh?

Here's a few samples:



























No comments: