Sunday, February 08, 2009

Moosin' around...



There are benefits to getting up early on a Sunday morning! Anyone who knows me knows that I will be the LAST one to point these out. I hate mornings. However, with the saga of the headache my sleeping schedule is messed up and I did not get to accomplish all I wanted yesterday. So, I was out of bed by 7:30 this Sunday morning. It paid off. I have found my health savings debit card (remember the post about the piles and piles of mail and paperwork...yeah, it was in there!). I have had a cup (okay, two cups) of coffee. AND...I took the video you see here!

I check the snow every morning for new tracks. There were plenty this morning and when I followed the direction of the tracks I discovered a source this time!! YEAH!!! A big cow moose standing and nibbling in the way front yard. The pictures I tried to take turned out like crap because at 8 am in the morning the sun hasn't come up yet and it's sort of pre-dawnish out. She didn't seem to be in a hurry to go anywhere though so I was able to stand out on my deck and get the video. These are the only two pictures which sort of turned out. Wish I could have zoomed in better but not enough light.


No comments: