Sunday, November 01, 2009

Family visits while in AZ

My trip a couple weeks ago to Arizona for the Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Surgery Annual Meeting was a bit of a trip down memory lane. I went to graduate school in Mesa. I had all the intentions of going out to the old school to see what has changed, what's been added, see who is still there. That didn't happen but I did get a change to meet up with family that is down there and that I don't get to see very often. However, I have to say after meeting up with everyone, I feel old. Toby and Shayne are both taller than I am! And there hair is almost longer than mine!

Toby was just a little boy when I left 6 years ago! Now he's a teenager in high school with punk rock hair and skinny jeans! Those deep brown eyes hiding back there are still "my Toby's" though!

Lee, Susie, and Toby met me at Eva's in Casa Grande. It is the best little Mexican place ever! Just to mention that it was about 100 degrees while we were standing outside to take these pictures. WAY TOO HOT! And they are in jeans.














I packed skirts and halter top dresses for the whole week. Took one pair of jeans and one pair of dress pants. Only wore the jeans on the flight to and from the desert! But I sure am sporting my AK tan, uh?














My mom's niece, Teresa, and her three kids still live in the Phoenix valley as well. They humored me and drove up to the hotel to meet me for dinner. They even let me chose Outback Steakhouse as our place to eat. It's sad when you use to travel and go to "local" places for dinner at these conferences. Now, I crave chain restaurants. Sad, uh?

Shayne, Shelby, and Sherydan are all doing very well. Sherydan is getting close to graduating high school, Shayne is taller than I am and plays soccer nearly full time, and little Shelby has turned into a championship level swimmer. Where did time go?
I kept the heels on just so I didn't look totally short! And for the record, Shelby asked to turn the heat on in the car after dinner. I am such a Northern!

No comments: