Wednesday, May 26, 2010

HNT...Getting a little dirty



























































I have had so much fun outside in the last week. The weather has turned to spring nearly overnight. One day last week it was 40 degrees and gray. The next day it rained. On the third day all the buds and grasses and all things in Alaska turned green. I received a rose plant and a gift card to a local nursery as thank you gifts for teaching confirmation class at my church. I went to the nursery and used every last penny of it to buy flowers and garden veggies. Then I set to work getting dirty. These were some of the first pots I put together. It felt good to play in the dirt. Really good. Happy HNT!

2 comments:

Osbasso said...

You can grow plants in AK?? Don't they have a hard time peeking through the permafrost??

:-P

Anonymous said...

wish i had a green thumb

i have a tired thumb, but not a green one

hhnt