Monday, May 24, 2010

Bedtime Meme

I'm procrastinating going to bed because I just can't bring myself to go to bed before 9 pm on a Monday night. Lime posted this and I thought I would give it a try.


1. Name 2 things you have done under the covers in the last week.
Dreamed, rolled over on a cat

2. Do you know what a woobie is? Do you have a special one?
I have a collection of woobies. Currently have a hand made one from the outpatient floor desk clerk that was presented to me before I left MN.

3. What prompts you to pull the covers over your head and hide from the world?
A lot these days

4. Firm or soft?
Firm! A bed should not swallow you.

5. Silk or flannel?
Flannel

6. Lights on or off?
Make it dark...really dark. Hence the insomnia this time of year in all day daylight Alaska!

7. Fan or no air?
Fan

8. Completely dark or nite light?
See above!

9. Windows open or shut
They are now open and will remain so until probably September.

10. Sweet dreams or nightmares?
Crazy vivid, all over the place dreams

11. PJ’s or……
Depends...

12. Set bedtime? Never

13. What do sheep count when they can’t sleep?
Hay bales

14. What does your alarm clock sound like?
102.5, Country radio station

15. White noise or music
Neither

16. TV or IPod?
Neither...a book and then lights out

17. Can you recall a pleasant dream you’d like to share?
The other night I dreamed I was back at Carroll doing another Search retreat. That was sort of nice.

18. Under the covers or outside the covers
Half and half. I like to burrow but then stick a leg out to act as my thermostat.

19. Insomniac or sleep angel?
Insomniac

20. What is your favorite sleep aid for those tossin’ and turnin’ nights?
A warm shoulder to curl up on

21. Morning person or night person
Mornings were created by the devil! I'll stay up all night

22. Bedtime snack?
Nope

23. Hot or cold room
Cold

24. Bedtime ritual?
I always read before I turn off the light no matter how tired I am. Might be half a page but still something read.

25. Twin, Queen, King, Bunk or Futon
Slatted sleigh bed, size queen

26. Socks or naked feet
Nekkid except for happy socks from Lime sometimes.

27. Bedroom door locked or unlocked?
Usually wide open

28. Tent or hotel room
Yurt, this was Lime's answer but I might have to agree. The resort in Seward has yurts you can rent but if not available a tent is perfect.

29. If you could be bored to sleep, what would bore you?
Medical journal articles.

30. Prayers or mantra?
Prayers

31. What was the worst nightmare you ever had?
Too many to count!

32. Please share any ideas on how to stop a person from snoring.
I’m all ears.

Move them to the couch and cover your head. They aren't going to stop.

33. If one purely pleasant thought could ensure fast and sound deep sleep for you every night, what would your one thought be?

Knowing I'm not alone when I wake up in the morning

34. How many hours do you normally sleep?
Not nearly enough ever!

35. Thunderstorms or quiet starry night?
Thunderstorms

36. Warm bath or hot shower?
Hot shower

37. What is the craziest thing that ever happened in your bed?
Uhm...plead the 5th

38. Name a song you could fall asleep to.
Anything Enya

39. Who last told you a bedtime story?
It's been a while, can't remember.

Okay, it's 9;30. I can talk myself into bed now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give birth to interpret a insufficient of the articles on your website trendy, and I definitely like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites web period list and will be checking assist soon. Divert check out of order my orientation as ok and fail me be acquainted with what you think. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Cheap and trendy deisgner clothing from ronkaclothing.com where we sell: Adia Kibur, Pour La Victoire, T Necks, Baby Doll, eDM, Dresse, Havaianas, Blazer, Kenneth Jay Lane, T Necks, Camille In Style, Al & Alicia, http://www.eicop.org/c-907-semipermanent.aspx, Hale Bob, Cosabella, Low Luv, Superfine, C. Viviani, Wayuu Taya Foundation, Hoodies, Jackets & Wraps, J Brand, G Lish, Tibi, Antik Batik, Print, Marc Bouwer Glamit!, Chloe Sunglasses, Messenger, Elan International, Love Heals, Casual, Bras, Prom Dresses, Footwear, Veda, Tolani Collection, Evil Twin, C&C California Cowl Neck Top, MiH, LinQ, Ya Los Angeles, P.S.- I Made This...Book, Carol Marie, Alternative-Men's, Bootcut Jeans, Donna Mizani, M20, Nightwear, Bras, Frye, Day Dresses, Naven, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Havaianas, Celebrity, Leggings, Agent Provocateur, Mori Lee - all available from our online designer clothing store at 50% off sale! Check out http://arts.harvard.edu - harvard university arts and fashion.
We admire work of Harvard University Arts and Fashion - best school of arts where great designers learn
how to create great looking designer clothing!