Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spring planting

After accomplishing all I did this weekend, the above is where I will be spending the rest of the day. The weather has been spectacular this weekend. I took full advantage of it. Earlier in the week I had planted a few flowers. Over the last two days, I finished the flowers and did the garden beds. Now, I will put my feet up, cross my fingers and toes, and hope it all grows.


My landlords made four raised garden beds when they lived here. I'm going to see what I can get to eat out of them. This one has Romaneso (a spikey cauliflower/broccoli cross) and pumpkin in it.








I have two different types of spinach here. A regular variety and then one that climbs.







I ate sugar snap peas straight from the garden as a kid. We will see how they do.







Also giving red pepper, zucchini, and cucumbers a shot







Two plants of Roma tomatoes and one regular sized.






I couldn't leave the deck without something. I filled three rail baskets with blue and purple petunias with purple and pink verbena. The bees and wasps are very happy.

I also planted several bushes to be permanent. I have always been partial to bleeding hearts and hope this one does well. I love the smell of lilac bushes too so I planted two of those in the front of the house underneath the kitchen window. I can't wait until they bloom and fill the house with their fragrance. The last bush was the European Rose bush the confirmation students gave me as a thank you gift last weekend. It is in front of my front step.


























I have always liked flowers that drape. I bought a silent auction basket of garden things last year and included was this coconut basket. In addition to some wave petunias I found the above vine. I can't remember the name but they are already making flowers.

















I decided to do a few herbs as well. In this pot I have curry (the taller plant) and Greek oregano.







Sweet basil, lemon basil, and cilantro are in this tray.

1 comment:

billyborden423 said...

That's really such an interesting blog I have ever seen. I always for looking for these kinds of informational stuff till now. Thank for sharing this informational blog. Keep Writing and posting this kind of post.
Flower Gifts