Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday night crafting

Summer Saturday's have been rainy for the last month. Monday morning rolls around and it's gorgeous outside minus the forest fire smoke. Today was no exception. Around 200 am this morning it started raining. It kept raining. I got up at 9:30 and it was still raining. I poured a cup of coffee and crawled back into bed to read. Somewhere around 11:00 I fell back to sleep and got up again at 1:00. Ruby and I went into town to get groceries and then get her nails trimmed. The sun was shining and it was nice out.

4:00 rolled around and it got really dark outside. The rain started with a burst of thunder and the heavens opened. I gave up on the TV because it was so loud on the tin roof I couldn't turn the volume up loud enough to hear it. The lightening got really close and there as one crack of simultaneous lightening and thunder which literally shock the house. I shut the windows, turned on the lights, and started working on some cards. The storm only last for about a half hour but with it and the intermittent cloud bursts over the last 24 hours my garden water holding tank is now half full.

July 1st was the start of the new catalog for Stampin' Up with new colors and new stamps. I used the new set Apple Blossom to make these two cards. They were fun! Now I have a few notes to write to all those that I got to spend a little time with while I was home. Tomorrow going to try to grill out with some friends, maybe the sun will stay out. If not, I can always work on a few more indoor projects.



1 comment:

lime said...

we could use some of that rain!

the cards came out so pretty. :)