Sunday, July 11, 2010

Senses

I'm taking the time to stay home this weekend. My original plans at the beginning of the week were to head to Denali National Park this weekend to camp at Riley Creek Camp ground. By Friday my suitcases from vacation were still on the bedroom floor fully packed. I decided maybe I should stay home and catch up. I have my suitcases completely unpacked, all the bedding washed and put back on the beds, and now I'm sitting with my feet up enjoying the things my senses are taking the time to feel.

The last three days have been extremely hot for Alaska summers. When I was in SD it was 100 degrees with 20 mph winds. I was looking forward to being back in the North country. Well Friday it hit 90 degrees at my house. So much for that theory. This morning has made that all better. I'm in my bathrobe enjoying a fresh brewed cup of coffee. I can hear the rustle of the leaves outside with a light breeze. I can smell the wet grass from last night's light rain which brought a break in the temps. I can feel the breeze on my bare legs. The sun is out and the day is bright. My animals are lounging around with me. Spread out and enjoying the breeze as it rolls through the house.

I think I'm going to leave today to my senses. Days like this confirm why I love living here.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Very cool! Hope you enjoyed your senses day completely!

lime said...

aaahhh, sounds nice.

Jeff and Carey Huebert said...

Sounds like when I was in Alaska...hot...got up to 95 in Seward. Hope you enjoyed your grat weekend!