Friday, April 15, 2005

Ode to Osbasso

Someone is getting old! Now screw the bad connotations, with age comes wisdom gained from one's blunders in life, one's friendships, one's experiences in general. Osbasso turns 48 this week and all of those are true as he ages. For those of you who don't know him, he's not that bad of a guy. In fact, he would do pretty much anything for anyone if it would help that person out. he's been dealt some unfair hands in his life but he has taken each in stride, not wanting sympathy from anyone. "It happened, so I'll deal" is more his motto. On the other hand, he has had some amazing experiences in his life and has a group of friends to show off that anyone should be proud of. Those too he doesn't brag about, just shares the joy with those closest to him.

Now without going into a lot of details, Osbasso has been there for me with unconditional love when I didn't feel very lovable, when I was balancing a lot of excitement with sheer fear, and when things have been really wonderful. No matter how deep shit has gotten, he has mucked me through it and when I've needed someone to celebrate with (like with too many beers at 2 in the afternoon when I finished my boards) he has always been there. He has also come to visit unannounced and once he paid his penance (dinner at my choice), it was a weekend of company that probably came just at the right time.

So...today is his birthday and while he is getting on in years, he hasn't lost a step. He continues to be a geninue, laidback, always vigilant, trustworthy friend...and for that I am truly GRATEFUL. SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY OSBASSO!

No comments: