Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Stylist Etiquette

I went in for a haircut about 10 days ago and I'm just not happy with it. I have a ton of hair, it is thick, and if I don't do much to it, it is curly. Usually, if I just leave it curly with a little gel, a quick blow dry and a toss it looks mostly okay. But sometimes, I like to actually take the time to fix it, which means blowing it out, using my big curling iron, getting it all pretty. Well, I have only tried it once since my hair cut and the right side of my head was curling under while the left side of my hair had a chunk flipping up. I did everything I normally do, and that piece flipped the wrong way. I have also done my usual, flip the head over, crunch it up, and leave it to be curly. Even that looks funny and my "long layers" that I have been striving for see to have gotten short on the top again. Ugh!

When I first got out here a year and a half ago (yes, it has been that long), I started growing my hair out for Locks of Love, which is a charitable organization that helps make wigs for kids with cancer. It has to have a 10 inch ponytail in able to be accepted. About two hair cuts ago, I had my bottom layer nearly there but my top layers were no where close so I had to cut the bottom layer up to match things up. Since then the last two hair cuts I have gotten from my gal have just not been good. She also does my color and she is great at that. But I just haven't had a consistent cut from her the entire time I've been going to her.

So, I'm breaking a sacred trust. I'm going to find someone else to cut my hair. And since I don't want to have to face my current stylist at my next color with a better haircut, I think I'm quitting her cold turkey. I know that is rude and cold, but it is my hair, I love my hair, and I'm just not happy. I have a goal, which bad haircuts aren't helping. Now, the task of finding someone new!

No comments: