Thursday, September 01, 2005

All three of us...Half Nekkid


there you have it...me and my boys half nekkid. Reggie is the light orange one on the coffee table and Romeo is curled up below the coffee table. That is my extremely painful foot in the foreground. It looks completely normal. No bruises, no cuts, no blood. Hurts like a mother! I stepped on a carpet knife blade at christmas time and about a month after the cut healed I developed medial arch pain. Stabbing, burning pain that is there all the time. Worse in the morning when I try to walk those first few steps out of bed, worse if I don't move for a while, and sand volleyball killed it. I've loaded up on ibuprofen, celebrex, did the ice cups, you name it, I work in ortho, I should be able to make it better.

I finally broke down this week and saw my fellow ortho colleague, the foot surgeon. We aren't operating...yet! he poked on it, made it hurt worse. We x-rayed it and there is no knife blade left in there. Sent me to Sports Medicine and I am trying some orthotics. wore them today and the above foot at the exact time of that picture felt like it had at HOT POKER sticking right into my arch! Next step is to try custom orthotics. So there you have it...my perfectly normally looking foot that is currently throbbing.

No comments: