Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I swear I'm going to cut it off!

My left foot makes yet another appearance in Half Nekkid Thursday. This is a progression of my foot since Sunday. For those of you that don't know, I slammed my left pinky toe into the couch on Sunday in a bit of moping and subsequently broke it. the first picture was taken within the first 10 minutes and it was already swelling. The first several are within the first hour of injury...notice how much swelling. The rest were taken yesterday, 48 hours after injury and show off the purple both in the front and around the side of my toe. I gave up walking in a regular shoe and am wearing a velcro stiff soled post-operative shoe. Looks dorky but man, it feels a lot better. I fly to Buffalo, NY tomorrow evening and yes, I'm wearing the dorky shoe. maybe I'll take a picture of my foot at niagara falls for next week :)

Approximately 5-10 minutes,notice the immediate size difference between left and right 5th toe!
This is the brusing drifting down into my foot within about 20 minutes of the injury! Skin got all tight and shiny too!
It's getting bigger!

48 hours later and it is vividly purple. I took my own x-rays and the fx is right at the base of my little toe correlating directly with the most intense color. What you cant' see is all the bruising spreading toward my ankle.
Side view to show off the shiny swollenness and posterior bruising.
I spent 6 hours on my feet in the operating room today. I just dare that first patient to ask for an extension of THEIR work excuse as I hobble into the room with my broken foot! Just try me ;)

No comments: