Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Oh, the memories...truly DORKY

When Os suggested this, I knew it would be hard to find just one picture. I have been a geek/nerd/dork since way back when. My classmates named me "Brainy" in high school and I hated it. Growing up in a small town America was not the coolest place to be nerd. The first picture is where it all began...I'm in the second row, third on in from the right. Long sausage curls, ruffled plaid shirt. That was me. Crooked bangs too. The era...about 1983-1984.

This I think has to be one of my favorite geeky pictures. First, there is the pleather belt on the abstract jump suit. then you can't miss the Sally Jessi Raphel glasses that take up my whole face. Blow that picture up and you can read the little plaque I'm holding. that is a 3rd place team spirit award for the South Dakota Governor's Camp for the Gifted. Yup...I went to gifted camp! Even better than band camp (I did that too but can't find the pictures). Somewhere around 1991-1992
This one time....at gifted camp....The guy on the far right was my first kiss. That's dorky enough. But check out the shorts version of the one piece jumper, with tights, and black and blue Converse tennis shoes. I thought I was HOT! So did he :) 1993-ish

And last but not least...sophisticated dork! Grandma's kitchen, sometime mid-highschool. Silk shirt, thread covered beads, tightass jeans and hair that could hold up the New Orlean's levee. What did we ever use to make it stick that high up?

No comments: