Sunday, September 18, 2005

My banker's on crack

Okay, so I sent out the mass email after talking to my banker on Friday around 3 pm. I posted a blog about it. She had told me everything was good. Three hours later she sends me an email because she didn't keep track of all of our previous conversations and needed to know if she could direct withdrawal the loan application fee from my savings (yes, I told her that a week ago), who was I using for insurance (per two weeks ago...State Farm), and then the real kicker is she tells me my debt to income ratio is 1% below what they would like it to do my particular type of loan. Just over a month ago she told me until closing to make the minimal payment only on various things so that I would have extra cash around for all the things associated with buying a house. So that is what I had done! Now, in this email at 6 pm on Friday she wants me to attempt to pay a few things completely off. UGH!! I think she is bipolar! What I don't know and have been fretting about and not sleeping about all weekend is does this mean that the "everything is set to go" that she told me at 3 pm is not true and there is a glitch. She told me to "be careful" between now and closing not to increase my debt. Well, duh! BUT...is my mortgage set to go?!?!??! I'm sick of banker double talk/legal speak. Just yes or no, am I buying this house on October 28th! I'm going to find me a nice refrigerator box and call it home!

No comments: