Sunday, September 18, 2005

Salad Success

I attempted another one of my mom's recipes for the first time this weekend. We had our work picnic today so yesterday I whipped up my mom's macaroni salad. I have loved it for as long as i can remember and between my dad and i the two of us could devour an entire bowl, eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The basic ingredients are shell macaroni, peas, green apple, cheddar cheese, cucumber, onion, celery, olives and shrimp. That part is easy. Chop everything up, throw in large bowl. Now, when I was home in August i asked mom for the "recipe". I use the word recipe loosely because I don't think she actually has a recipe for anything. She starts by just telling to to mix mayo, evaporated milk, sugar and some vinegar. Maybe mustard. i cut her off and tell her I at least need a rough estimate of what ratio of what.

This morning I was pleased to call her and let her know that the salad turned out and it tasted almost just like her's. Mine wasn't quite as creamy but I think the solution would to just increase the amount of all the dressing ingredients. People at the picnic seemed to like it and at 10:30 tonight I had a huge bowl of it for supper. Just macaroni salad, nothing else. Just like old times. YUMMY!

Now off to bed and hopefully to sleep. I have three church related meetings this week and can't seem to keep the what's, where's, and when's for each straight. With that and the house stuff my brain is going a hundred and ten miles an hour. The boyfriend is gone all this week on business. I'm going to make serious attempts at getting my office straightened up (it's a maze of piles right now), get my ass back into the gym, and figure out all these meetings and calendars for said meetings.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: