Sunday, October 16, 2005

Cirque du Soleil...Corteo!


Wow! I don't know how many times I exclaimed "wow" during the show last night but if you ever get a chance to go see Cirque du Soleil's Corteo, GO! Sort of last minute this week I decided to check to see if there were tickets still available as the company had extended it's showing in Minneapolis for two more weeks. The boyfriend and I are both home this weekend and didn't have anything to keep us home so I called on Friday and ended up with tickets 9 rows from the front.

It was a great performance, a beautiful (albeit slightly chilly) fall evening. Most of the spoken or sung portions of the show were in Italian but you could follow the story. A clown is watching his own funeral procession. The show is a mixture of comedy, acrobatics, dance and song. As an orthopedist I believe I have a firm grasp on how the human body should work...these athletes defy the "should" of human anatomy. There were trapeze, bars, tightropes, jugglers, artistic gymnasts with ribbons/balls/hoops, and lots of dancing and hanging from various things high up.

Now I get to spend the rest of today packing more and more boxes. I got a good portion of the living room done yesterday morning. I move in TWO WEEKS! Where did the time go? Oh, well. Hope you all are having a great weekend and enjoying some great fall weather wherever you are at. Have a great week everyone!

No comments: