Saturday, November 05, 2005

And I thought...

Boy, I thought I was burned out yesterday. tonight brings a whole new meaning to the term burned out. Let's just do a quick blow by of the day (i'm stilling the format from os because I'm too tired to come up with something original) because I need to go to bed or something really bad is going to happen...

  • Five guys showed up to help this morning...perfect. I lifted as much as they did so basically 6 movers.
  • 2.5 hours to load 16' moving van
  • 1.5 hours to unload moving van
  • 45 minutes to dismantle 1970's couches and door in order to get it upstairs
  • Lunch at perkins for the guys
  • back to the old house to find my aunt with everything that didn't go in the truck
  • 1.5 hours to load that into her SUV and my car
  • Twist LEFT ANKLE for bad SPRAIN on second load...save box from demolition
  • Finish SUV loading, attempt to move my car into place....get 5 feet from house....
  • RAN OUT OF GAS
  • 15 minutes for Tim to bring me a couple gallons
  • FALL DOWN STAIRS carrying 13 boxes of shoes, Tim helps me up
  • Get cars loaded, feed friends cat, get to new house
  • 1 hour to unload car and SUV
  • Move my car into garage on far left so when we get back I can park SUV in too
  • 25 minute shower, really hot, muscles hurt everywhere
  • Put make-up on and fix hair for first time in 2 days
  • Go to dinner at Outback, eat lots!
  • Get home, it's raining, we are tired and crabby
  • Park SUV, close garage door with remote
  • LOCK GARAGE SIDE DOOR...both remotes are IN THE CARS!
  • Key to house does not work for garage door or side door! FUCK IT ALL ANYWAY!
  • It's 11 pm, I'm tired, can't get into either car, no key from previous owner for either lock
  • Aunt Brenda is out cold already
  • Call 411 on cell, no working phone in house yet. Get three lock smiths digits
  • CALL LOCK SMITH...normally works Saturday nights but not tonight! FUCK it all again!
  • Arrange for 7:00 AM arrival of Lock Smith...nice guy
  • Set alarm
  • Write blog entry
  • Crawl into my bed in my new house!

Cats are still in the old place seriously pissed off. Romeo ran behind the wash machine as soon as the first box went out the door. Reggie attempted to avoid capture but ended up in the kitty bathroom by himself because romeo was literally crying in the laundry room. Let them out when the boys and I left with the truck. They are still at the old place because I didn't feel like trying to wrestle Romeo from behind the laundry machines and Reggie needed to calm down. They will come tomorrow morning after the Lock Smith gets me back into the garage!

Now to bed...thanks all for your support.

Oh yeah...ian, I had a glass of Yellow Tail Shiraz with dinner. Auzzies make great wine!

No comments: