Monday, November 07, 2005

Moved in

I am officially checked out of my rented townhouse and moved into the new owned townhouse. Now there are boxes and piles of stuff literally everywhere but it's all here. There isn't anything left in the old place. I even took my three cinder blocks that were on the deck and used as flower pots.

Thank you all for the cheers and support through this. It was way more stressful than I had anticipated and a lot of people around me have had to bear the brunt of my stressful manifestations...short fuse, extreme fatigue, panic attacks, trust issues, self esteem lacking, you name it. When I'm stress my body and brain both have a tendency to go into the least amount of functioning that they can get by with.

The good news is the cats have come out of hiding. They are both wandering around at my feet as I type and last night after a couple hours they actually found the bed and curled up on top like normal. I was worried after the last two days with them. They sort of shut down too...no eating, drinking or moving of any sort.

I was back to work today after three days absence. Lots happen while I was gone...9 admissions on our call day so we have lots of surgical cases to do. Our team's junior resident is on vacation so that means more OR time for me but also more dirty work on the floor and such too. I'll get through. It's fun, makes me feel useful as a PA again.

The big anticipation left this week is Wednesday night's volleyball playoffs. We are 24-3, tied with one other team. They beat us 2-1 so they win the tie breaker. We will play the 3rd place team, which is the team we beat this past Wednesday. they were tough but with two subs and a little bit of a slow start we pulled all three wins out anyway. Hopefully the same will happen this week and then we will face the other 24-3 team in the championship game. I'm pumped. Now I just need to get some sleep so I am up for it.

So with that, I'm off to bed with a good book, my heating pad and the cats. Lots to unpack but that can wait. I need to recoup for a bit.

Thanks again for all your support...I'll slowly catch up on the happenings in everyone else's lives.

No comments: