Sunday, December 11, 2005

Moose on the loose



















This moose got busy today. considering I didn't crawl out of bed until almost noon and get back to my own house before 1 pm I think i have gotten a lot done. Tonight after getting all the painting below done I decided to say screw the mess and haul all the christmas stuff in. A friend came over and helped and this is what we accomplished. All blue, green, silver and moose decorations. Sort of cheesy but I like it and now I am a bit more cheery with the Christmas spirit. Merry Christmas!

I don't think I ever took a picture of the entry way of my house but it was a very very nasty shade of pinkish red. It was NOT attractive. On top of that, it was glossy paint so when I went to put primer on it two weeks ago, a good deal of the primer slid off. Yesterday I sanded over the one coat of primer, put on another coat of primer, and painted this pretty green over it. It turned out nice. matches my rugs and dishes really well. The red and green curtains are still up and the green actually matches those too but I will be swapping them out after the holidays. The picture turned out a bit fuzzy, but you can get the idea.


The main floor has a half bathroom that was painted an acceptable shade of brown. The pictures make it look more mustard colored then it really but I like it either way. I have always wanted a room with a good deal of my moose stuff in it. I found these "wallies" on sale at Target and decided to put them up in the main floor bathroom. There is a nice ledge of countertop the length of one whole wall so I can set a lot of my moose knick-knacks on it. Considering I didn't use a ruler to measure out the spacing between tree and moose, it turned out okay. The door leads to the basement so it's a bit of a weird location for a bathroom but it works. Speaking of basement, I better go swap laundry.


No comments: