Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's been a year?

Just hung up with Osbasso and he asked me if I knew what tomorrow was. In my infinite wisdom, I think i may have answered "thursday". Aren't i intelligent? he said no. Kept probbing.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my very first blog entry. I started this after another friend that use to live in Montana started her's to keep in touch with our group with a simple common site. I was quite adamant in the beginning that I wasn't going to make my site public, I only gave the address to friends and family of which I wanted to stay in touch with. Then Osbasso jumped on board and look where that has gotten us.

Most of the reason that I finally made my blog "public" was because I was sick and tired of Os talking about everybody eles's blog. Seriously. "oh, this person said this today" or "oh, wow, a comment" or blah blah blah. So I said screw it and made my site public.

I also had sort of vowed at the beginning not get caught up in reading all these blogs of strangers. Juliepatchouli and Lizabeth were the first two blogs that I picked up on. Followed by Domestic Psychology and Dooce. If you check out my blogroll, it is still pretty small. I just don't have time to read a lot of people's great thoughts. I have a few other's marked in favorites that I go to every once in a while but not all that often. Sometimes I'll read one of my regular's blogs and then link somewhere from there. But in general, I read a very small group of other blogs.

So, what has the year of blogging done for me. initially I blogged a lot about work. now, i ramble about frustrations at work in general but not in the specifics like I use to. Safety and job security reasons there. I have exposed a good deal of skin on the web much to my families dismay but none of it has been inappropriate, it has all been mostly tasteful. I have made friends...I met and continue to communicate with someone that went to carroll college at the same time I did and I never knew her. Some friends have disappeared...Jason, where are you? My best friend has developed a true obsession because of me and even ventured on ridiculously long solo road trips because of a blog he started due to my starting one. That obsession has proved frustrating at times but hey, he came to visit me because of it!

i'll continue rambling. I don't have a crazy sense of humor like a lot of you, i don't bare as much flesh as a lot of you, i'm not articulate as many of you but I'll ramble. there are a few that actually read it so I'll keep plugging away. Happy Anniversary to me!

No comments: