Tuesday, January 31, 2006

To bed with me...

I was sort of half joking last night with my last statement in my entry about not sleeping.

Guess, my body didn't take the joke. I had one of my worst night's sleep in a long time. With the news of my sister's foot, my mom's asshole insurance company and my grandma being down in the dumps about her hospital situation I had a lot running through my head when I nestled in at 11:30 pm with the alarm set for my usual 5:45 am.

The first dream consisted of me getting a phone call that my grandma had died. I woke up completely confuzzed, unable to determine if I was dreaming or if I had really hung up the phone. Once I had rationalized my way through that and convinced myself it was a dream, I covered my head back up and attempted to get back to sleep. The second dream consisted of me giving my grandmother's eulogy. Sounds like I gave a good speech, but I again awoke very confused and disorienated, also in a cold sweat this time.

Tossed and turned after that one for quite a while. Finally wandered to the bathroom at 3 and the last time I remember looking at the clock was around 3:30 am. Alarm went off at 5:45 and I hit snooze way more than my usual 2-3 times. I didn't get up to the shower until almost 6:30 and today was a clinic patient day so that means full suit, fix my hair, make-up. So instead of arriving at the hospital at 6:50-7:00 ish like I usually do I said screw x-ray review and go their at 7:20 instead.

I hadn't been at work for 10 minutes when one of my secretary's asked "did you sleep okay last night?" (They are all quite aware of my worsening insomnia issues) Guess the make-up didn't hide the dark circles under my eyes. BUT...my hair looked frickin' awesome today! I got compliments from staff and patients. bonus.

After blowing off 55 minutes of steam at the gym between a bike and an elliptical I have talked to mom (she has a lawyer working on the issue...company says she doesn't "work enough" to qualify for the coverage they have been paying for for 27 years....show me a city suit behind a desk who can get chemo, drive 260 miles round trip and get in the tractor the next day to stack bales! Not working my ass!) Grandma is settled in her new rehab facility and they are giving her "orange colored something in a shot glass for her pain" (????Not sure WHAT that might be???).

My legs are jello, my ass is starting to tighten up from muscle fatigue, the back is creaking and my eyes are drooping...I'm going to curl into bed with my new used copy of my next Kathy Reichs book and call it a night!

No comments: