Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Pacing

Nope, I'm not walking back and forth across the room. Pacing tonight refers to several different things.

Last night the boy and I did a sweet bike ride on the local trails in town. Kept up a pretty good pace, even if the ride ended up longer than planned due to some male testosterone related navigation issues. No hard feelings, it was a beautiful night and the legs were feeling good. I kept the pace until one last big hill. I hate hills, I always slow down about 1/3 of the way up. Oh well! It felt good.

I've also been pacing my schedule. I'm a doer, I would rather have several meetings on the same night every night of the week, multiple tasks at work, a few games to get to, etc. With everything that has been going on, I've been mentally and physically unable to keep up that pace. I have purposely waited to schedule several meetings, we have slowed our surgical calendar to allow more room for trauma cases. In general, instead of time managing, I've just avoided scheduling. It's helping.

Finally, grandma's heart isn't pacing right. She is in "sick sinus". So her heart alternates between a too slow rhythm and a too fast rhythm. So when it's too slow it doesn't perfuse her very well. When it paces too fast it's working too hard and wearing itself out. So on Thursday, Grandma gets a pacemaker. It's not that is is all that invasive but grandma's not the healthiest either. So more prayers, more worries, it will be okay, right???

Stay on pace, right?

No comments: