Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm melting...

No, I didn't get drenched with a bucket of water and melt into a puddle of ooze. It is just HOT here! 90+ degrees with a heat index because of the 85% humidity well over 100. If it would just RAIN! Please...

The weekend was a smashing success even though we didn't get to all of our fun plans. WICKED is phenomenal. If you have read the book, seeing the sarcastic Elphaba and the ditzy Galinda live only highlights their personalities. If you haven't read the book, it's not quite the same story so I would still wade through the big text. The music, the costumes, the make-up was all wonderful. The boy has been to a lot more Broadway shows than I have and he thought this was the funniest one he has seen.

Dinner was fabulous, the hotel great. Tickets to BODYWORLDS were another story. Didn't make it but no big deal. No same day ticket reservations on the phone, an hour to stand in line to get from the door to the desk. Forget it! It is there until September so we will have plenty of time to go see it. Instead we hung out more at the Mall of America. I have a new iPod Shuffle thanks to the Apple Genius desk (nope...they couldn't fix it either, just exchanged it). So tonight when I was sweating away in the gym I at least had my own music.

Made it home last evening and stayed in with the air cranked! Is tehre an end to this heat??

No comments: