Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mission Impossible...

I stopped at the mall this morning to take advantage of post-holiday, pre-spring, season clearance sales. I wasn't after much, but I did want a pair of jeans. Last year I found a pair of jeans at Ann Taylor Loft that I loved. I still have them and my goal was to walk into the store, buy another pair and leave. 2.5 hours later, I left with two pairs of jeans and NOT from Ann Taylor Loft.

It figures...they have changed their styles. I went to Coldwater Creek, The Buckle, The Gap, Aeropostle, American Eagle, J. Jill, Abercrombie & Fitch. I tried on sizes 8's and 10's in each store. Coldwater Creek pants come over an inch ABOVE my belly button but I could get into an 8. At the Buckle and Aeropostle I couldn't tell which were girl jeans and which were boy jeans and they ALL looked too small, torn, worn, or ragged. At Abercrombie I tried a size 10 and got it "mostly" over my hips and ran out of jean...talk about low rise.

I finally found a pair at J. Jill and bought 2 pair! Now, hopefully, I still like them in a week when I put them on again and it wasn't just my jean frustration that got me to buy two pair.

No comments: