Sunday, April 01, 2007

Bookworm Meme

I stole this from My Utopia and then Lime so I figured I better get it posted before EVERYONE has it on their site. I'm a book nut...Nerd I Am :)


Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Whatever intrigues me on any particular day

Amazon or brick and mortar? Mostly brick and mortar...especially quirky little local privately owned little bookstores

Barnes & Noble or Borders? We don't really have Borders around where I live so B & N it is.

Bookmark or dogear? I use the dust cover if it's a hard cover book. I dog ear paperbacks. I think a book that looks used is a good book.

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? I group authors together but that is as organized as my shelves get.

Keep, throw away, or sell? mostly keep. Right now I've been into giving away. Should really try to sell.

Keep dustjacket or toss it? Keep them

Read with dustjacket or remove it? It becomes my bookmark.

Short story or novel? Novels...short stories don't give me 'enough'

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? Would prefer different authors, similar topics.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Harry Potter...I have the last one on pre-order already.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Whenever I can't keep my eyes open or remember the previous page...whichever comes first.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? I need "dark and stormy", I don't believe in once upon a time anymore.

Buy or Borrow? I'm more likely to buy.

New or used? I use to NEVER buy used books...now, I realize how much money I spend on books. Used is perfectly fine unless I just can't wait.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? A little bit of everything. Mostly a browser.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? I like an ending...I don't do well with books that just end. For example...Kite Runner was a wonderful story and then it just came to and end. I feel cheated when a book does that.

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? Mostly at night but afternoons on the weekends are always a treat.

Stand-alone or series? More of a stand alone but I do have several authors who have created repeating characters whom I have fallen in love with.

Favorite series? Several...My first series faves came with the Nancy Drew books and The Babysitter Club when I was a pre-teen. Then came Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta novels, more recently Kathy Reichs Bones series, and I just ordered The Dead Triology by McKinty!

Favorite children's book ? Velveteen Rabbit

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? The Alieniest by Caleb Carr

Favorite books read last year? Eat, Pray and Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Favorite books of all time? i just can't, I've read so many

Least favorite book you finished last year? Anything I HAD to read for work :)

What are you reading right now? Double Bind and Dahli Lama My Son

What are you reading next? I have a whole list, depends on what I feel like when I finish what I'm reading now.

No comments: