Friday, November 23, 2007

Around the house...

I spent today doing a little cleaning in preparation for decorating for Christmas the rest of the weekend. I squeezed in a lunch with the boyfriend's family as well as a little solo shopping but not until later in the afternoon when it wasn't as busy. I went to the grocery store too and picked up the fixin's for a turkey dinner for two to be had this Sunday.

As I was wandering around the house I started to think about what my house says about me. I've been in it for two year's now and as was previously documented here, I put a lot of work into the appearance of the place in spite of it being structurally sound. What about the rest of the place though? You know, the little things that get "settled" after you have lived some where for a while?

What does my house tell others about me if they looked carefully?
  • Take a look just from my bed
    • I like natural things...my bed is a maple slatted sleighbed
    • Books are central...the bookends span the top of my dresser but the books have started to pile on top of the span in between them
    • I miss Montana..."Montana: The Last Best Place" hangs over three 14 x 17 pictures from "The Park".
      • Avalanche Gorge
      • Heaven's Peak
      • Lake McDonald from the back porch of the lodge
    • My cats have a home...check out the indentation in the pillow at the foot of my bed
  • What do I see from the couch?
    • A few "meese"
      • A stuffed moose in a laid Christmas sweater
      • A "recylced" moose made from Chenille
      • A Carroll College clad Moose Saint
      • A moose navity...complete with Mary, Joseph, the Babe and two dangling meese with wings
    • The places I've lived
      • A springtime in Montana picture of wildflowers in front of snowcapped peaks
      • A Sedona desert sunset
    • A spirit to watch over me
      • A collection of Dreamsicle Angels on the mantle piece
      • A picture of Mom and Dad on top of the stereo
    • Warmth
      • 5 blankets that I can see and count from here
      • Candles...plain vanilla on the mantle, Spiced Apple on the coffee table, Ginger Peach in the dining room
  • My escape...trek up to the third floor for a distraction if you wish
    • Warm walls: Maple Leaf and Cocoa Puff to be exact
    • A hobby
      • Shelves of Stampin' Up stamps, paper galore
      • Projects here and there
        • A Denver Broncos album from September
        • My recipes and a maple box to put them in
        • A "me" scrapbook not yet started
    • An office
      • Piles
      • Piles
      • Did I mention piles?
      • Cork boards covered in pictures and quotes. Lots of quotes
I'll have to keep looking and see what I learn about myself. This could be useful.

What does the decor of your residence say about you?

No comments: